Sunday, November 24, 2013

Room Mom. . . .

The funniest thing. . . . while away for a weekend with the girls I got a call from a friend who I used to work with at an elementary school.  She called and said she had the most amazing idea and she wanted to run it by me.  I didn't quite know what to expect but I said, "Lay it on me."  She ended up asking me if a wanted to be a room mom of sorts and come in to do different activities with her class.  Now is a normal situation I would of said 'NO'.  I don't like committing myself and having to worry about coming up with creative nice things to do.  It is an overwhelming thought and something I feel uncomfortable putting myself in.  But given that it wasn't a normal situation and I was feeling the excitement of life on this get away I said, "Of course, let's do it"

Not to drive the point but I get completely overwhelmed in these types of actions as well as am  a complete procrastinator until the day of.  I came home and couldn't believe what I have agreed to, especially since I have no kid in this class. hahahaha On top of that I VOLUNTEERED to do something in my three kids classrooms; might as well since I am already doing something in one class.  That is FOUR classes that I am contributing to.  Shaking my head in disbelief.  I am really going outside of my bubble.  WAY OUTSIDE!

I want to give a BIG shout out to Pinterest because I would never have considered being a room mom.

I ended up making a different dessert for each class and doing a simple and small craft.
 Found this treat here and here.  Shortbread cookies turned upside down, reese's peanut butter cup, yellow frosting and an orange tic tac.  Super easy.
I chose to do this activity because it brought the real meaning of Thanksgiving which is being grateful for all of our blessings.  The kids really enjoyed it!!  find it here


last but not least


(which I liked for the preschoolers)

You should of seen all the kids smiles!!!  
They liked the activity but they lived for the treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment