Saturday, November 30, 2013

Exciting Discovery

This holiday season I really REALLY wanted to help out and volunteer at a soup kitchen and food pantry and truthfully I want to volunteer anywhere I can.  I never was able to get a hold of the soup kitchen but I did go into our local food pantry to ask them what the rules are about volunteering.  We can pretty much go in during working hours and help  out where ever they need help.  It is even more exciting that our kids can come as long as there is an adult present.  SCORE!!

My husband has seen my excitement to volunteer so he has been asking places about their volunteer policies.  We have found that it is mostly for non profit organizations but anywhere will take volunteers.  Some have a little more paper work than the next but there are still many good causes to help out with.

If you google you city and volunteer options you will get a ginormous mother load of options to pursue. One site I found was Volunteer Match where you can put in your city and what cause you are interested in and it will magically bring one up.

Check it out!!  Make someone SMILE today!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment